Media Release provided by Winning Moves Australia
After much anticipation, the official PENRITH MONOPOLY game launches March 13th, 2021.
Locals and tourists alike can now play the world’s most popular board game in a way that immortalises their beloved Penrith and its landmarks.
Over several months, thousands of people and businesses having had their say, and after much deliberation, the locally themed squares selected that will make the entire game a truly Penrith experience are:
• Brown – Nepean River and Sydney International Regatta Centre
• Light Blue – Nepean Belle, Aqua Golf and Penrith Whitewater Stadium
• Pink – Luddenham Country Markets, Club Paceway and Throw Axe
• Orange – Nepean Hospital, Museum of Fire and The Joan Sutherland Centre
• Red – High Street, Riley Street and Westfield
• Yellow – The Red Cow, O’Donoghues and East Bank Nepean River
• Green – Xavier College, Emu Hall and Mr Watkins
• Dark Blue – Panthers Leagues Club and Panthers Stadium
After such a difficult few years with bushfires and a global pandemic is it about time we had a good news story that allows people to celebrate the area but also, support the businesses they love.
The new MONOPOLY: Penrith Edition is available from the 13th of March 2021 at the following partners
● Luddenham Country Markets
● Throw Axe
● Nepean Hospital
● Museum of Fire
● The Red Cow
● PRD Real Estate
● Xavier College
● Emu Hall
● Mr Watkins
● Panthers Leagues Club
● Club Paceway
Dale Hackett, Monopoly Manager, Winning Moves – manufacturers of the official Penrith version of MONOPOLY under license from Hasbro – says, “I’m thrilled that this edition celebrates such a patriotic area of the great Sydney area. The Penrith community has fully embraced bringing this game to life, and now it’s available for the public to purchase and roll the dice!”
Penrith Mayor Karen McKeown OAM said “It’s fantastic to see Penrith has its own edition of Monopoly, putting it in company with some of the biggest cities in the world. Penrith has so much to offer and that’s reflected in the assortment of businesses and landmarks in the game. It’s a testament to our city’s strong community pride that so many local businesses have been eager to get involved.”
The MONOPOLY game first hit the shelves in 1935 – since then it has been played by more than 1 billion people. Today, it is played in 114 countries and enjoyed in over 47 different languages.
MONOPOLY © 1935, 2021 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.