After an absolute deluge of rain over the weekend of February 7-10, Dam levels have risen significantly. This includes the Warragamba Dam that has risen from 43% to currently just over 80% (as of Monday, 17th February).
Level 2 Water Restrictions are still currently in place to enable the water quality to settle after the bushfires and recent heavy rain, but will be reduced to Level 1 as of March 1st, 2020.
Under Level 1 water restrictions you can:
- Water your garden with a hand-held hose before 10 am or after 4 pm
- Fill new or renovated pools and spas, however you’ll need a permit to fill pools and spas over 10,000 L
- Wash vehicles, boats and buildings using a hose with a trigger nozzle or high pressure cleaning equipment.
- Hose hard surfaces except spot cleaning for health and safety reasons using a hose with a trigger nozzle
- Leave hoses unattended except when filling a pool
- Use sprinklers and watering systems except for drip irrigation or ‘smart’ watering systems.