Microchipping Day – Oxley Pk
July 3 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
If your cat or dog needs a microchip, come down and visit our friendly Animal Services team to get them chipped on Saturday July 3 at Ridge Park Hall Oxley Park.
Microchipping your pet is an important part of their care. If they ever wander away, vets, animal shelters and our Animal Services team can scan their microchip and reunite you with your friend. The microchip contains information such as your name, address and best contact phone number, which is why it’s important to make sure that if you move or change your phone that you update your pet’s microchip.
Microchipping is a simple and quick procedure and involves a small chip the size of a rice grain being implanted in the back of the neck above the shoulder blade.
If you have any questions about your pet’s care, microchipping and registration, or would like your pet to receive a free health check, come by and see Greencross Vets, RSPCA, Cat Protection Society, and Animal Welfare League. Enjoy a coffee from the coffee van, too.
COVID safe plan
- On arrival, residents are to come to the table at the front gate before the entry to the compound to complete their paperwork and then return to their cars with their animals and wait until they’re called.
- The admin table/portable gazebo will be set up at the front gate before entry into the compound.
- Two staff and two pet owners are permitted to be at the table out the front of the hall.
- When called, a maximum of two people per pet is permitted to come to the table out the front of the hall where the simple and quick microchipping procedure will take place.
- No mask is required, however; hand sanitiser will be available.
The event is for Penrith residents.