- This event has passed.
Sydney Wildlife Rescue and Care Course
August 10, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
One event on August 11, 2019 at 8:00 am
You may have stumbled upon an injured or orphaned animal and didn’t know what to do. Sydney Wildlife members rescue, rehabilitate and release injured native wildlife and you can too.
To become a member all you have to do is complete our two day Rescue and Care Course. The next course is in the Londonderry area on 10/11 August 2019.
Taught by a group of experienced wildlife carers you will learn:
• How to handle, restrain, transport and release wildlife safely
• How to assess an animal in distress
• When to take the animal to the vet
• What to feed different species and how to care for them
Your $140* registration fee covers:
• Two days intensive face to face training with experienced wildlife experts
• Valuable advice from a network of wildlife specialists
• Delicious morning and afternoon teas, both days
• Native animal rescue course manual
• Bird care manual
• Hi visibility vest
• Animal rescue basket
• Animal rescue net
• Emergency food packs
• A licence to rescue and foster native wildlife including birds, adult possums, turtles and lizards.
For further information check out the rescue course page at www.sydneywildlife.org.au, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on 9413 4300.
You must be at least 18 years of age, available for animal rescues when possible and/or be able to care for wildlife in your home.
We are a non-profit wildlife organisation operating under licence from NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service.
*Two people living at the same address and sharing some course materials are offered a combined reduced fee of $200.