The Premier of NSW Gladys Berejiklian has announced that as of Friday 15th May, the following activities will be allowed in an easing of restrictions.
- Outdoor gatherings of up to 10 people
- Households can have up to 5 visitors at one time
- Cafes and restaurants can seat up to 10 patrons whilst adhering to the 4 square metres per person rule
- Weddings can have up to 10 guests (excluding the married couple and celebrant)
- Indoor funerals can have up to 20 mourners, and outdoor funerals up to 30.
- Religious gatherings and places of worship can have up to 10 worshippers
- Outdoor equipment (such as playground equipment) can be used with caution
- Outdoor pools can open with restrictions.
The increase in gathering size in NSW is all part of Step 1 in the Federal government’s 3-Step-Plan to get Australia to a ‘COVID-safe economy’ by the end of July. Recently the Prime Minister outlined what restrictions could be eased in Step 1, however it was left up to each individual state/territory to pass on what they wanted, at their own pace.
Despite the easing of restrictions, we are reminded that we should not be complacent, and the continuation of social distancing, hand washing and other precautions is extremely important if we want to continue moving forward.