Prime Minister Scott Morrison has today outlined a 3 step plan to lead us to a ‘COVID- Safe economy’ by the end of July.
The PM has advised that we will ‘walk before we run’ in terms of slowly easing restrictions but estimates that 850,000 jobs will be restored in the months ahead.
It will be up to the individual states and territories to decide how and when they will follow the new 3-step plan, and we have been told to have no expectation of step 1 starting on day 1 in our particular state or territory.
- 5 visitors allowed at home
- Gatherings of up to 10 people outdoors
- Working from home if it works for you and your employer
- Home Sales and Auctions
- Local playgrounds
- Local and regional travel
- Libraries, community centres and boot camps open
- Children back in classrooms
- Outdoor boot camps
- Reopening of retail shops and small cafes/restaurants, with the continued enforcement of 4 square metres per person.
- Up to 30 people allowed at outdoor funerals
- Increase to 10 people at weddings
Step 2 would see up to 20 people allowed at cinemas, galleries, gyms, caravan and camping resumed, further retail openings including beauty parlours, and a return of organised community sport.
Step 3 would see gatherings of up to 100 people, interstate travel resuming, pubs and clubs reopening, and a return to work.
Steps 2 & 3 will be further defined as the country moves through Step 1, and the Steps will be reviewed every 3 weeks.