Premier Gladys Berejiklian has announced that from the 1st of June further restrictions in relation to regional travel and other public places in NSW will be eased.
Museums, Galleries and Libraries
Museums, galleries and libraries across NSW will be allowed to reopen from June 1 with strict protocols in place that these venues will need to adhere to, including:
- Limiting the number of guests to allow for 4 square metres per person
- Providing distance markers for people queuing at service points
- Ensuring adequate handwashing facilities and/or sanitiser
- Using Online ticketing systems for museums and galleries
- No groups and tours
- Enhanced cleaning
- 24 hour quarantine of returned books for libraries.
From June 1, NSW Residents;
- Can visit anywhere in regional NSW for recreation and holiday purposes
- Some caravan parks and camping grounds will be open – but you will need call ahead to confirm any bookings.
- National Park visitors should check nationalparks.nsw.gov.au for more information
- You must follow Physical Distancing and good hygiene practices
Interstate Travel (Visiting NSW from another State/Territory)
From June 1 Interstate Visitors;
- May now travel to NSW for a holiday
- Must follow the rules of your home state or territory when returning (this includes quarantine periods).